1. You can enter the length of the selected field (in other words, reduce it) in addition to offsetting when fast entry templates are generated.
This allows you to reduce field lengths that are not required, thereby moving more fields next to each other in a variant.
2. When going from line item display to a line item, you can now also branch directly into the document overview or into the overview of the cross-company code transaction of which it is a part. Depending on your settings, you may choose to do this in Accounting processing options. For line items, set the Goto document overview indicator.
3. You can select a document in the document display by entering
the reference number.
Set the "Document display by reference number" indicator in document display in Accounting processing options.
4. A new program for selecting payment advice notes (RFAVIS30) provides a variable display with formats that can be configured in the list itself.
5. Maintaining translation ratios for the exchange rates stored in the system became time-dependent in 4.0, allowing you to show currencies prone to high inflation more easily. When you maintain the table of translation ratios, you should only make entries dated far into the future in order to ensure the consistency of transactions that have already been posted.
6. The following change was made to the G/L/Accounts
Receivable/Accounts Payable reporting tree:
Reports from the G/L reporting tree under the reporting node that report on customer or vendor data are now under the reporting node in either the Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable reporting tree.
Among others, this affects the following reports: "Germany - AWV Z5A" and "Belgium/Luxembourg - Open Items from Customers/Vendors Abroad".
7. Profit center postings can now take place with the entry templates for incoming payment, outgoing payment, down payment, and bill of exchange usage. This change supports profit center account assignment for postings to bank accounts and bank clearing accounts universally.
If open G/L account items assigned to profit center accounts are cleared, the resulting clearing entries will be generated for each profit center, which ensures that the profit center that was debited when the open item was posted is credited during clearing (and vice versa).
1. In Customizing for fast entry templates, you enter the length of a new field when selecting it (default is standard length). The length field in the list is ready for input.
You use the "Offset Standard" function to set the spaces between fields to 1 byte.
You use the "Offset+Standard length" function to reset the lengths to standard lengths.
2. In Customizing for the balance sheet/income statement
structure, you can now restrict accounts that were created in a
certain company code for the check of unassigned accounts.
You might need to do this if a chart of accounts contains accounts that were each created in only one company code (such as bank accounts) and there is a separate balance sheet/income statement structure in each company code that contains only accounts from that company code.