From Release 4.0A the functions for corporate actions in the
securities application have been completely revised. You need to do
the following to carry out a corporate action:
- You define the corporate action for all company codes by
Back office --> Position management --> Corporate
The category of corporate action (stock split/stock swap and so
on), the key date, the relevant position changes and the flow types
to be used are saved in the database under one ID number.
- You need to post the corporate action defined in this way for
each company code for the relevant securities positions by
Accounting --> Corporate action --> Post.
The securities positions are not updated until you post the
corporate action. At this point the system generates documents for
the general ledger and subledger.
- You can reverse corporate actions by choosing
Accounting --> Corporate action --> Reverse.
Change system parameters in customizing
- You need to define number range interval '01' for the corporate
- You need to define corporate action types.
- You need to define flow types for the following flow