Changes in the Personnel Development
In Release 4.0, the Personnel
Development component, which includes the
Qualifications and Requirements and
Career and Succession Planning
components, has been completely revised.
New or changed functions in the Personnel Development
- You can now change the user parameters for Personnel
- You can restrict personnel development to one organizational
New or changed functions in the Qualifications and
- You can now group qualifications in the qualifications catalog
into qualification groups. This allows you to structure them
hierarchically and on the basis of their content.
- Proficiency scales are now user-definable. You decide how many
entries you want to have on a scale and what the proficiency texts
- Proficiency scales are assigned to qualification groups. The
proficiency scales of the qualification group are passed on to the
qualifications assigned to the group.
- You create alternative qualifications by creating direct
relationships between qualifications.
- You can use profile views to define profiles and sub-profiles
for object types.
New or changed functions in the Career and
Succession Planning component:
- You can create as many careers as you require, and name them as
- You can perform career and succession planning using a range of
criteria that are independent of each other.
- The career and succession planning you perform is now
independent of careers.
- You can define suitability ranges for displaying candidates'
suitability. These suitability ranges are used to structure the
- You can simulate multi-step succession planning on the basis of
Changes to the interface
User navigation has been redesigned for all functions.
For further information, refer to the Implementation Guide (IMG)
for Personnel Development.