Tool for configuring the SAP System to meet customer
For each business application, the Implementation Guide
- explains all the steps in the implementation process
- tells you the SAP standard (factory) settings
- describes system configuration work (activities)
The hierarchical structure of the IMG
- reflects the structure of the R/3 application components
- lists all the documentation to do with implementing the R/3
- contains active functions with which you can
- open Customizing transactions
- write project documentation
- maintain status information
- support the management of your R/3 System implementation.
There are four levels of IMG:
- This contains documentation on all business application
components supplied by SAP.
- This is a subset of the SAP Reference IMG containing
documentation for just the components you are implementing.
- These are Enterprise IMG subsets containing just the
documentation for Enterprise IMG components you are implementing in
particular Customizing projects.
- These are based either on the Enterprise IMG or on a Project
IMG. For a given release upgrade, they show all the documents
linked to a release note.
Regardless of which implementation guide you are working with,
the functionality is always the same.