Task Overview: Batch
With the functions of the batch
input management system, you can do the following:
- Start batch input sessions to enter data into an R/3
- For debugging sessions that contain errors, the batch input
system offers two modes for running sessions interactively.
- Schedule the background program that automatically submits
sessions for processing in the background.
- Lock a session until a specified date.
Locking a session prevents it from being run.
- Delete batch input sessions.
- Release a session for re-execution if it has been aborted by a
system failure or shutdown while being created or executed.
- Analyze a batch input session before or after it has run.
The analysis function lets you display data entered in the
transactions in a session. You can:
- display the screens called by the session with the session data
- display listings of input fields by field name, with the
session data for each field.
- Display the log produced by a batch input session.
For help in generating sessions, please see the Basis
Programming Interfaces manual.