Maintaining Archiving Variant (FI-SL)
1. On the SAP R/3 System screen, choose Accounting ® Financial accounting ® Spec. Purpose Ledger, then Periodic processing ® Archiving ® Create archive.
The Archive Management: Create Archive Files screen appears.
Before you start the archiving program, you should ensure that you have maintained the Customizing settings for archiving. These include the size of the archive file and variants for the test and production run of the delete program.
For more information, see Customizing for the FI_SL_DATA Archiving Object (FI-SL) .
2. Enter the information for archiving your system data.
Since the archiving programs run in the background, you must enter an existing variant or create a new one. The variant contains the selection criteria for the summary and/or line-item records you want to archive.
3. To create a variant, enter the name of the variant and choose Maintain.
The Maintain Variants: Report RGUARCSL, Variant <Variant Name> screen appears.
4. Enter the selection criteria, the processing information, and the additional settings, as required.
For more information about the fields and indicators on this screen, see Variant Settings for Archiving (FI-SL) .
5. Choose Continue.
The system displays another screen in which you enter a description for your variant.
6. Save your variant.
7. Choose Back to return to the Archive Management: Create Archive Files screen.
8. Enter the start date for the archive run and save your entries.
You return to the previous screen.
9. Enter the spool parameter information for the archive run.
Here you maintain the background printer parameters for the archiving log.
10. Once you have maintained the selection criteria, start date, and spool parameters, choose Create job to start the archiving program.
Once you have created the archive job and started the archiving program, the system writes the summary and/or line-item records to archive files. The system then starts a delete program for each archive file. The delete program rereads the data to be deleted from the archive files and deletes it from the database.
To display the status of the job you created, choose Goto ® Job overview.