Executing Archive Reports (FI-SL)
1. On the SAP R/3 System screen, choose Accounting ® Financial accounting ® Spec. Purpose Ledger, then Periodic processing ® Archiving ® Archive reporting.
The Archive Management: Execute Analysis Program screen appears.
2. Choose whether you want to execute the archive report online or in the background.
If you have selected a large number of archive files and execute the archive report online, the system could cancel processing with a runtime error because it must select a very large number of data records. It is recommended that you restrict the selection criteria you enter.
If you execute the archive reports in the background, you cannot drill down from the summary data to the line items.
3. Select the program or report group that you want to execute.
The read programs and report groups that display here are those that you generated and/or defined in Customizing for Special Purpose Ledger. For more information, see Application Customizing (FI-SL) .
4. If you are executing the report online:
a) Choose Create job.
On the following screen, you enter the data source information and selection criteria for the report execution.
b) Choose Choose data sources to define whether you want to analyze archived data and/or database data.
To analyze data stored in the database, select Use database.
To analyze data stored in archive files, select Use archives and choose the archive files from which you want to read data.
– If you choose Choose archive, you can select specific archive files from which you want to read data.
– If you choose All archiv.(on/off), you can select all archive files that exist for the archiving object displayed in the Object field.
c) To save the data source entries, choose Continue.
d) Enter the selection criteria and key figures for the report execution, as required.
e) To execute the report online, choose Program ® Execute.
You can save your entries as a variant by choosing Goto ® Variant ® Save as variant.
5. If you are executing the report in the background:
a) Enter a variant name and choose Maintain.
The Maintain Variants: Report <Report Name>, Variant <Variant Name> screen appears.
b) Enter the data source information and selection criteria for the report execution.
For more information about the data you enter, see step four.
c) Enter a variant description and then save your variant.
d) Choose Back to return to the Archive Management: Execute Analysis Program screen.
e) Enter the start date for the report execution and save your entries.
You return to the previous screen.
f) Enter the spool parameter information for the analysis program.
g) Once you have maintained the selection criteria, start date, and spool parameters, choose Create job to execute the archive report in the background.