Define User-Defined Message
In this step you can change the
message type of certain messages to a different
message type than is defined by the system. This enables you to
control how the message is handled by the system.
For some messages there are no restrictions on the message type.
Other messages require a minimal message type.
There is no minimal message type for message KJ 239 ("The
results analysis values were saved").
- If you set the message type to " " (blank), the message will
not be displayed in the log.
- If you set the message type to "I" (Information), the message
will be displayed in the log.
- If you set the message type to "E" (Error), the message will be
listed in the work list for WIP calculation. You can use the work
list to correct errors and restart WIP calculation for those
The standard system contains user-defined message types in
different work areas.
- For the calculation of work in process, the messages of work
area KKA with message class KJ are relevant.
- For the calculatioin of variances, the messages of work area
KKA with message class KV and of work area KKP with message class
KV are relevant.
To change the message type, proceed as follows:
1. Choose New
2. Enter the work area in which the
message is issued (such as KKA for WIP calculation).
3. Enter the work area (such as KJ)
and the message number (such as 239)
4. Press F4 and choose a message