Define Date Control
In product costing, date control is involved in creating the
quantity structure and the value structure on the basis of various
dates. These dates determine the following:
These dates do not play any role in
sales order costing.
The date on which the routings and
BOMs are read from the database
- when the quantity structure is valuated
The date on which prics for
materials, internal activities and external activities are
The date control ID determines the following:
- whether the dates can be changed by the user when costing is
- what date is proposed or displayed in the cost estimate
The standard system contains predefined date control IDs that
you can use without making any changes.
Check the supplied date control IDs to see if they meet your
To create new date control IDs:
1. Choose New
2. Enter an alphanumerical key as the
date control ID.
3. Enter a text for the date control
4. Specify whether the costing date
(enter key date) can be changed by the user.
5. Specify the default costing
6. Specify whether the "To" date can
be changed by the user.
7. Specify the default "To"
8. Specify whether the quantity
structure date can be specified by the user.
9. Specify the default quantity
10. Specify whether the valuation
date can be changed by the user.
11. Specify the default valuation